11th ILGA-Europe's Annual Conference in Vilnius, 2007
25-28 October 2007
In this folder you will find images from various conference events.
Voting on conference proposals, approval of presented documents, election results
Introduction of candidates and of venue for 2009.
How Governments, Equality Bodies and Ombuds Offices can implement international and national commitments that support the human rights of LGBT people".
- Hans Ytterberg, The Ombudsman against Discrimination on grounds of Sexual Orientation, Sweden;
- Laima Vengale, Advisor, Office of the Lithuanian Equal Opportunities;
- Xavier Verdaguer i Ribe, Catalan Programme on LGBT equality;
- Ben Baks, Dutch Government LGBT Programme;
- Professor Michael O’ Flaherty, Rapporteur of Yogyakarta Principles Expert, United Nations.
During the second day of the conference nine protesters gathered outside the conference venue to protest against "propaganda of homosexuality".
Panel “LGBT Rights in Europe: How European Institutions can take responsibilities for the recognition and respect of human rights of LGBT people”, 25 October 2007
The following keynote speakers took part on this panel:
- Gesa Boeckermann, European Commission, Anti-Discrimination Unit of DG Employment, Equality and Social Affairs;
- Anastasia Crickley, OSCE and Fundamental Rights Agency, Personal Representative on Combating Racism, Xenophobia and Discrimination, also focusing on Intolerance and Discrimination against Christians and Members of Other Religions, and Chairperson of Fundamental Rights Agency;
- Michael Cashman, MEP, European Parliament , Chairperson of European Parliament LGBT Inter Group
25 October 2007
On 24 October 2007, a day before ILGA-Europe's Annual Conference started, we organised a press conference for the Lithuanian and international media.